Rep. Kathy Webb kicked things off & warmed up the crowd for Sen. Elliott:

Sen. Elliott!

Frankly, I didn't expect the senator to make an appearance, so when the campaign told us that she'd be there, I knew that half of my work was done. I knew that once people heard what she had to say, they'd be on board; she can best speak for herself. Honestly, I thought that she'd leave after her speech, but she stayed & talked to everyone at White Water Tavern. Impressive, since she campaigned all that day with President Clinton & attended numerous events. By the time she got to us, it was late & I'm certain she was exhausted. Not only did she stay, she participated in our spelling bee!
Ever the school teacher, she intervened on this poor speller's (pun intended) behalf, like a good Representative! Her word was 'libelous'. An aside: she is a scotch drinker.

KMHD takin' a crack at it:

I kinda love this "How dare you, betch?" thing this fella has against David, our spelling bee emcee:

Our winner, Derek! Winning word was 'exchequer':

In addition to the spelling bee, we also had some Arkansas-flavored trivia, with everyone's favorite host ATM. What a crowd pleaser! Really! Available for wedding receptions & convention entertainment!

Matthew, Rett:

Many thanks to Matt/WWT & the Elliott campaign for their endless patience & guidance. Throwing a fundraiser is HARD!
Big ups to BellWood for showing a little early to help us get ready.
The best thing about this gig was the people I met & got to work with. Heartfelt gratitude to ATM, KMHD, Carrie, Maggie, Westley & David. Old friends and new, we worked so well together. Rarely does a group stay so focused, I've never worked with such an easygoing lot ever. True love.
For all who attended, who gave, who early voted? Put your hands together for...YOU.

No comments:
Post a Comment